The Cookbook is where all the rules, guides, and knowledge for Sleeper Island players is stored. The Quickstart Guide is there to get you up and running as fast as possible, and the rest of our guides are explanations for the special rulings and systems we use.
“In a land of corruption, surrounded by the unknown, you and countless others will live, and die exploring the depth of this horrid island. Prepare yourself traveler for this may save your life.”
The Sleeper Island Cookbook
Mission Risk explained
Difficulty is based on what the DM has planned.
It does NOT account for:
- Attacking non-hostiles
- Changing objectives (i.e. the mission was to check the bottom of the lake, but the team decides to go into the forest instead)
- The critical hit effect table
- Random encounter rolls
It does count on:
- Common sense (if the stove is hot, don’t touch it)
- Designated team size
- Working together as a team
- Smart play (i.e. assisting an unconscious player ASAP)
The Risk Scale
Roleplay only sessions have no risk and no reward.
- Mathematically you shouldn’t die.
- Mathematically you could die.
- Incapacitated is unlikely.
- Incapacitated is possible.
- Incapacitated is likely, Death is unlikely.
- Incapacitated is likely, Death is a potential.
- Death is likely.
- Multiple Deaths are likely.
- Team Death is likely.
- Team Death is intended.
- The session is designed to kill your specific party.