In order to have players known what they sign up for and to remove ambiguity in the risk scale.
MISSION RISK EXPLAINED
Difficulty is based on what’s planed.
It does NOT account for:
- Attacking non-hostiles
- Jumping track (I.E. the mission was to check the bottom of lake and the team decides to go into the forest instead)
- The critical hit effect table
- Random encounter rolls
It does count on:
- Sane behavior (if the stove is hot, don’t touch it)
- Designated team size
- Working as a team
- Smart play (assisting a downed player asap in whatever manner you can)
The risk scale
- Mathematically you shouldn’t die.
- Mathematically you could die.
- Incapacitated is unlikely.
- Incapacitated is possible.
- Incapacitated is likely, Death is unlikely.
- Incapacitated is likely, Death is a potential.
- Death is likely.
- Multiple Deaths are likely.
- Team Death is likely.
- Team Death is intended.
- The session is designed to kill your specific party.